Skip to main content

I AM RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT! LET'S TALK OVER BREAKFAST



One of the boxes I would never have checked before now was having breakfast. I would ask, "Wait a minute, What's breakfast?" I had terrible eating habits. 

Two years prior to now I would leave home without breakfast and eventually settle for brunch. My mind was always filled with tasks to achieve for the day while the thought of breakfast was well swept under the carpet.

My family and friends would hold tonnes of advisory sessions on the importance of having breakfast. The worst part being that I was a black sheep in the field of Public Health which I studied. So how do I advise someone to do something yet go contrary? The guilt began to settle in gradually. 

Let long stories be for the 'Leonard's.' I broke that habit after bouts of health challenges due to my poor dietary regime. My evaluation of that period was that I was depriving myself of self-love. If you love yourself, you will eat right. 
Incase you are yet to notice, the most grumpy people often times are hungry people. 
It seems so odd that eating breakfast every morning can help you be healthier, but it is true. By eating a healthy breakfast your body has more energy all day long helping you burn more calories. Not to mention it sets the tone for the day ahead. Prepare yourself a simple breakfast meal, like a cup of tea, cereal or a smoothie and after a few weeks see the changes that begin to take place.

Breakfast is arguably the most important meal of the day. Whether your goal is weight loss or simply to be healthy, it is imperative that you make eating breakfast a regular habit. Do you wonder what you stand to gain? Well, you have decreased appetite that makes you eat less, a good way to kill in-between snacking, you improve your memory capacity, boost your metabolism and keep your blood sugar levels stable during the day and reduce chances of a Type 2 Diabetes. 

Now stop making excuses for shortage of time, kickstart your day with a healthy breakfast. Remember there’s absolutely nothing you can do to make up for the mistake of not eating breakfast in the morning. Rise, Eat and then Shine.

As you know elections are around the corner in Nigeria. I will be running for President of the BLA ( Breakfast Lovers Association). 

I have the notion that I am unconquerable. If you would love to prove me wrong then you need to get your breakfast game right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY I WON'T BE BUYING ANYTHING AGAIN FOR A LIFETIME

Heads up, people!  Walking into a shop to purchase an item does not look appealing to me anymore. This is one of my decisions for the new year being that if something is not worth it then there is no point buying it especially trying to impress another fellow.  I have chosen to stick to buying experiences rather 'things.' One of my observation is that experiences cannot be stolen or compromised. They stick like your gum sap sticks to a tree.  So maybe before you buy that expensive Emporio Armani wristwatch or Jimmy Choo shoes, it might be imperative to checkmate if there are experiences that same amout can buy you. Don't get me wrong, it is as clear as crystal that you need to shop for clothings, food, phones or luxury from time to time but bear in mind that your happiness can't be tied to any item. That vibe you get is nothing but a fleeting one .  “One of the enemies of   happiness  is adaptation,”  Thomas  Gilovich reveals. “We buy ...

A letter from John

My bucket hat donned my head. It served the scorching sun right, my scalp was not one to be burnt for no offense. I relaxed my tired body against the board of the trawler. James yelled at me, "Don't just sit there and watch I and father. We will still catch some fishes, you can't just lose hope",he seemed to say. I peered at him through the corner of my eyes and closed them again. I felt cold water being sprinkled on me and I jerked up. It was father, I had no choice but stand up and join James.. I was not a man who wanted too many things. All I wanted was to catch some fishes yet the little things kept hiding and refusing to walk into the loving embrace of my fishing net. I may not desire many things but I sure desired to be loved not the kind of erotic love some of those Samaritan women would profess to men who lust after whore mongering. I sought for a love that was pure and chaste. A type that I couldn't even explain. I sought to be loved deeply by G...

Helping hands or holding hands?

It was just last week. I set up a quiz for the pupils I teach. Teaching had never been something I looked forward to but it found me. I can tell you that despite I find myself standing in front of a board each morning, I feel more like I am learning. So, the doubts of if I relished teaching fizzled away. The experience has been fresh and worthy. I had two groups namely A and B consisting of three pupils each for the quiz. The pupils in group A were more of the intelligent stock and group B, I called them the average stock. Once we kicked off, group A had earned eight points leaving group B at two points. "We will finish you, people today", Vincent snarled. He is one of the smartest kids you 'd ever meet, a fast rising Chike Obi breed and the sole provider of the answers coming from his camp. I was tempted to caution him not to talk that way to them but I restrained myself and kept watching the unfolding drama. Group B seemed to have lost hope, they all had a shado...