Skip to main content

PODCASTING: FAST WAY TO SEND OUT YOUR CONTENT IN A FAST-PACED WORLD

 

One of my biggest worries as 2021 dawned was carrying out all the plans I had mapped out in my head. Of all the things I know I identify as, I know certainly that I will always be a writer.

I know I will always share my wealth knowledge but when it seems something is subtly creeping in and snatching your plans  right before your eyes. What do you do?

You snatch it by the throat and yell; What are you trying to do? That will be hilarious and silly. Ofcourse, I am joking. You simply look out for other ways to execute the same plans. 

In recent times, it is no longer news that the reading culture seems to be waning and it’s something to be seriously worried about. However, while we try to rekindle the reading culture, we need to look out for other ways to keep people learning.This was the option that was looking at me straight in the face when I realised podcasting was a fast option for me to send my content into the minds of people in a fast-paced world. 

The plan was to send out my content into the minds of my audience but I needed to create a working strategy. This might be helpful to you too if you are looking out to starting a podcast. 


Get a Podcast Co-host 

This is totally optional. The way you choose to design your podcast will determine if you should be looking for a podcast co-host. The podcast I co-host takes a conversational, laid-back style while tackling serious life issues bordering around self development, career, business and relationships. 

Having a podcast co-host could have it’s upsides like splitting tasks and more resources at your disposal after all two heads are better than one. 

And no, you don’t need to put out a vacancy or something. It could just be a friend, business partner, or coworker that you share the same passion and interests with. 

In my case, my best friend was equally looking out to host a podcast  at the time so we ended up merging to create a bigger show. This was how D’Sabi Podcast was birthed. 


Choose a Podcast name 

Picking a name should be a thoughtful action. Choose a name that is descriptive of what the show is about. For example, a podcast called the money bag show gives a picture of a finance-related podcast while one that goes by the young and restless cast will definitely portray something that bothers around lifestyle. 

A resource like Business Name Generator could also help you in generating a name. 

So in choosing a name, make it short and sweet. Use a play on words or even use your name, convey a tone, consider search-ability (you want to be googled and you don’t want a name someone else has already either). 


Think of the flow and structure of the podcast 

You can decide on how long you want it to last. I don’t buy into the school of thought of making it 2 minutes or 3 hours. Stick with what works for your show. 

There are 5 minutes podcasts and there are 6-hour podcasts. Find whatever works for you and run with it!

You can map out how you want each episode to be, for example; you can start with an intro, read messages from the audience, go into the targeted content  and do a call to action on whatever message you are passing across or even to be followed on social media. 

Figure out how frequent each episode will be and map out topics to be discussed. Having a list could be helpful. 


Give your show an identity 

Your first physical identity will be your cover art. Ensure to design a catchy cover art, consider a colour that befits the brand. You can outsource this to a graphic designer or create them yourself using platforms like Canva, Poster My Wall, or any easy to use graphic design platforms. 

Record an engaging intro that precedes each episode, you might want to listen to the intro for D’Sabi Podcast which I co-host. 

Listen and look at what other podcasters seem to be doing to help educate yourself some more.


Sort out the technicalities

Figure out where you want to host this podcast. Platforms like Anchor Fm, Buzz Sprout, Podbean are great for options.

Anchor Fm does a great job of distributing your podcast on other platforms and allowing you also host a free Wordpress blog for your show. 

As much as you can learn editing online, these listed platforms have easy to edit features that enable you to modulate your recording, aid audio cleanup, help you piece together your audio segments, add music to your recording and directly publish your episodes.

You can buy a USB-enabled microphone for better sound production or just start with what you have by recording with your smartphone.

Remember to create social media handles for your show and share your content there. 

How cool is that?

Now you have this info at the tip of your fingers, go and create that long desired podcast. 

On a scale of 1-5, how helpful was this?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEXT BIG THING: CREATING A NEW WORLD THROUGH MY LENS - KINGSLEY AGORUA

Jim Rohn had his opinion that "If you don't like where you, change it. You are not a tree." Kingsley Agorua had looked around where he found himself and decided to change it to suit his taste through his lens. My earliest contact with Kingsley should have been in 2012 when I was a student at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri. I spotted him at an event on campus where he was taking photographs. Little did I know that I would bump into him again at my faculty - The School of Health as a student. I was curious as to what a photographer was doing in my faculty during lecture period. Time will reveal that he was a student too who was madly in love with his camera. This was all before the advent of traditional or nearly compulsory bridal showers, baby showers and pre-wedding shoots in the Nigerian Creative Industry. Kingsley Agorua is a cinematographer with years of experience from Oguta in Imo state. He studied Dental Technology at the Federal University

Helping hands or holding hands?

It was just last week. I set up a quiz for the pupils I teach. Teaching had never been something I looked forward to but it found me. I can tell you that despite I find myself standing in front of a board each morning, I feel more like I am learning. So, the doubts of if I relished teaching fizzled away. The experience has been fresh and worthy. I had two groups namely A and B consisting of three pupils each for the quiz. The pupils in group A were more of the intelligent stock and group B, I called them the average stock. Once we kicked off, group A had earned eight points leaving group B at two points. "We will finish you, people today", Vincent snarled. He is one of the smartest kids you 'd ever meet, a fast rising Chike Obi breed and the sole provider of the answers coming from his camp. I was tempted to caution him not to talk that way to them but I restrained myself and kept watching the unfolding drama. Group B seemed to have lost hope, they all had a shado

WHY I WON'T BE BUYING ANYTHING AGAIN FOR A LIFETIME

Heads up, people!  Walking into a shop to purchase an item does not look appealing to me anymore. This is one of my decisions for the new year being that if something is not worth it then there is no point buying it especially trying to impress another fellow.  I have chosen to stick to buying experiences rather 'things.' One of my observation is that experiences cannot be stolen or compromised. They stick like your gum sap sticks to a tree.  So maybe before you buy that expensive Emporio Armani wristwatch or Jimmy Choo shoes, it might be imperative to checkmate if there are experiences that same amout can buy you. Don't get me wrong, it is as clear as crystal that you need to shop for clothings, food, phones or luxury from time to time but bear in mind that your happiness can't be tied to any item. That vibe you get is nothing but a fleeting one .  “One of the enemies of   happiness  is adaptation,”  Thomas  Gilovich reveals. “We buy things to make us happy