Skip to main content

I am a serial cheat and don't intend to repent


I am a unapologetic serial cheat and won't be
repenting soon but before you whip out your phone to call me to provide you a long list of all my cheating partners or mutter "Oh my God!"

Let me share the details of the shady ordeal with you. I have been cheating on the Sciences with the Art for a long time. All efforts to make me back off has proven futile.

 I have had this conversation a couple of exhausting time with friends and family. This brings to memory that you should never give up on the pursuit that makes your blood rush. I like to fantasize and sometimes I picture myself as a granny with grey hair penning down stories that my grandchildren would read and it 'd make them proud.

So, it is a lifelong engagement.

I don't know exactly why I am doing this but I feel someone who is still battling between two camps might need to see this.

Don't be deceived. People still follow their dreams.

When I thought about doing this piece I remembered some people and smiled.

 I am a pound of everyone's ounce of life lesson. I can attribute each value in my life to someone. I may never have told you, but someday you will read about it and I pray you do smile when you find out that you influenced me positively.

Recently, my editor had asked "How do you come up these cryptic titles for your posts?"

I had laughed at the thought of word -'Cryptic.'

"When you follow a writer with your heart that has books with titles like Stiff Nipples and Mad men speak revelation, am I supposed to sound normal?

Emeka Nobis subconsciously embedded something in me. Remember, I said there is a longlist, perhaps someday we read it out.

For now, address me as a 'learner.'
Lessons? They must be learnt. Some will come easy, some will come in unpleasant ways but don't ever stop learning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY I WON'T BE BUYING ANYTHING AGAIN FOR A LIFETIME

Heads up, people!  Walking into a shop to purchase an item does not look appealing to me anymore. This is one of my decisions for the new year being that if something is not worth it then there is no point buying it especially trying to impress another fellow.  I have chosen to stick to buying experiences rather 'things.' One of my observation is that experiences cannot be stolen or compromised. They stick like your gum sap sticks to a tree.  So maybe before you buy that expensive Emporio Armani wristwatch or Jimmy Choo shoes, it might be imperative to checkmate if there are experiences that same amout can buy you. Don't get me wrong, it is as clear as crystal that you need to shop for clothings, food, phones or luxury from time to time but bear in mind that your happiness can't be tied to any item. That vibe you get is nothing but a fleeting one .  “One of the enemies of   happiness  is adaptation,”  Thomas  Gilovich reveals. “We buy ...

A letter from John

My bucket hat donned my head. It served the scorching sun right, my scalp was not one to be burnt for no offense. I relaxed my tired body against the board of the trawler. James yelled at me, "Don't just sit there and watch I and father. We will still catch some fishes, you can't just lose hope",he seemed to say. I peered at him through the corner of my eyes and closed them again. I felt cold water being sprinkled on me and I jerked up. It was father, I had no choice but stand up and join James.. I was not a man who wanted too many things. All I wanted was to catch some fishes yet the little things kept hiding and refusing to walk into the loving embrace of my fishing net. I may not desire many things but I sure desired to be loved not the kind of erotic love some of those Samaritan women would profess to men who lust after whore mongering. I sought for a love that was pure and chaste. A type that I couldn't even explain. I sought to be loved deeply by G...

WHY YOU MIGHT SPOT ME AT A GAME HOUSE

Chukwuebuka had been my friend for a long time.  I had come visiting and he had just bought a new Play Station 4 set way back then. We sat and discussed about  the Nigerian school system to politics, to social trends and ofcourse literature.  He had been waiting for 'the boys' so he could 'trash them' in a game.  "I would like to play," he gave me the 'girls-don't-play-games kind of smile but I insisted.  Five minutes into the game, he had a knowing smile on his face as he stared at me to the gamepads and back to the screen. One thing was certain, it was not the first time I 'd touch a gamepad. Growing up with my male cousins groomed me for that.  Life itself is a game and realising this in good time will help you pull through it with ease. Life is designed just like games just like your favourite Candy Crush to Grand Theft Auto , Super Mario or even Temple Run . It teaches you to scale hurdles and unlock higher realms of operation. Ga...