Skip to main content

JOIN A BANDWAGON: COLLABORATION OR STANDALONATION ?



What did you just read? 

Standalonation? Is that English, French, Spanish or Swahili? Accept my apologies because I don't have an answer. 

The above word is my coined word for the opposite of collaboration. I grew up to hear the phrase 'One man show.' Anyone who was termed a 'One man show' was perceived to be some kind of genius, a Superman of his kind. 

Collaboration is known to be the act of working together to achieve a common goal. Effective collaboration is achieved when the results of the team's efforts are greater than those which individual members could achieve on their own. 

Over the weekend, I was opportuned to work with an amazing team on a short film project. We were to write, shoot, produce and edit a short film within twenty hours.  
20 Hours? 😳

As soon as I got the call from a childhood friend who was the producer, my eyes popped out. That's a mission impossible! We decided to lay anxiety aside and at least put in the work. 

It took making a few calls and within less than three hours, we had a producer, director, script writer, actors, props, and all the gadgets we needed to make it happen. 

The short film was screened at the Realtime International Film Festival (rtf) at the Ikeja City Mall and it suprisingly won an award. 

As the world evolves. You will be opportune to realise that Aunty or Uncle 'One man show' won't fit in the present world. 

This is because there is an increased need to beat past records, create innovative value and solutions. The world's population is ever increasing; we have to reach out to a larger audience, people's taste of knowledge, products and services are ascending in an elevated angle.  This is means you have to be at the top of your game to survive as a student, entrepreneur, employee or just about anyone. 


As a student in the university, working in group project always left me with a feedback. You get privileged to know those classmates you might term 'Hi Friends' better, you learn new leadership skills, learn things you never knew about, how to be a team player and how to deal with the reluctant or even the crazy ones. Working with a team exposes you to more than you might have bargained for. 
And that is perfect, if you desire growth. 

But what does this collaboration really do?
  • It increases your knowledge prior to a project.
  • It expands your network. 
  • You become a more efficient team player. 
  • You have lesser hassles and stressful  moments to face. 
  • Your project gets achieved in a short time. 
  • Projects and plans are achieved at a reduced cost. 
  • You enjoy the reward of better result outcomes. 
Now you see that being Aunty or Uncle 'One man show' is not always a good decision. As a student, rub minds with other bright minds. As an entrepreneur, give your brand the opportunity to collaborate  with other brands to rake in more sales and gain visibility. Dear employee, don't be an 'I too sabi either', let there be a flow of knowledge. 

Now before you guys distract me from my initial question. 

Pitch your camp, Collaboration or Standalonation?😏

Here is a free gift for you! See PATH: The Movie







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEXT BIG THING: CREATING A NEW WORLD THROUGH MY LENS - KINGSLEY AGORUA

Jim Rohn had his opinion that "If you don't like where you, change it. You are not a tree." Kingsley Agorua had looked around where he found himself and decided to change it to suit his taste through his lens. My earliest contact with Kingsley should have been in 2012 when I was a student at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri. I spotted him at an event on campus where he was taking photographs. Little did I know that I would bump into him again at my faculty - The School of Health as a student. I was curious as to what a photographer was doing in my faculty during lecture period. Time will reveal that he was a student too who was madly in love with his camera. This was all before the advent of traditional or nearly compulsory bridal showers, baby showers and pre-wedding shoots in the Nigerian Creative Industry. Kingsley Agorua is a cinematographer with years of experience from Oguta in Imo state. He studied Dental Technology at the Federal University

WHY I WON'T BE BUYING ANYTHING AGAIN FOR A LIFETIME

Heads up, people!  Walking into a shop to purchase an item does not look appealing to me anymore. This is one of my decisions for the new year being that if something is not worth it then there is no point buying it especially trying to impress another fellow.  I have chosen to stick to buying experiences rather 'things.' One of my observation is that experiences cannot be stolen or compromised. They stick like your gum sap sticks to a tree.  So maybe before you buy that expensive Emporio Armani wristwatch or Jimmy Choo shoes, it might be imperative to checkmate if there are experiences that same amout can buy you. Don't get me wrong, it is as clear as crystal that you need to shop for clothings, food, phones or luxury from time to time but bear in mind that your happiness can't be tied to any item. That vibe you get is nothing but a fleeting one .  “One of the enemies of   happiness  is adaptation,”  Thomas  Gilovich reveals. “We buy things to make us happy

Helping hands or holding hands?

It was just last week. I set up a quiz for the pupils I teach. Teaching had never been something I looked forward to but it found me. I can tell you that despite I find myself standing in front of a board each morning, I feel more like I am learning. So, the doubts of if I relished teaching fizzled away. The experience has been fresh and worthy. I had two groups namely A and B consisting of three pupils each for the quiz. The pupils in group A were more of the intelligent stock and group B, I called them the average stock. Once we kicked off, group A had earned eight points leaving group B at two points. "We will finish you, people today", Vincent snarled. He is one of the smartest kids you 'd ever meet, a fast rising Chike Obi breed and the sole provider of the answers coming from his camp. I was tempted to caution him not to talk that way to them but I restrained myself and kept watching the unfolding drama. Group B seemed to have lost hope, they all had a shado