Skip to main content

Doctor Blackky





I walked down the lobby to the male ward in my sparkling white coat.
Aladura was his usual self, chanting "Mimo! Angel Micheal, holy!" and
gesturing like a prayer warrior caught in the web of a prayer session.
I moved to Prof's bed.

For the past few days, he had been hallucinating about a certain man
who wanted to kill him.
"Prof, Good morning."
He looked at me, ignored my greeting and faced the wall. I made to
grab his wrist but he shrank from my touch.
"Dr. Blacky, don't touch me o!"
"What have I done? Or are we no longer friends again?"
He frowned. "Oh! We are friends? Tell me. Where were you when that
crazy man wanted to kill me? Eh?"
"I am sorry to hear about that. I was off-duty yesterday and so wasn't
around. I assure you that as long as I am here no one will harm you."
He hesitated like a child. "Ok. I forgive you. But only because you
are a beautiful lady."
I smiled. "Thank you."

The truth was that if my life were a cartoon and I was the lead
character, adults would watch. It would not be left for children
alone. Even mad people acknowledge my beauty, a fact that both
surprised and embarrassed me. I was tall, with a height of five feet
and eight inches when unaided by a six-inch stiletto. I would have
been 'Snow Ebony', my caramel-coloured skin and deep brown eyes fit to
charm any obstinate prince. I had my own share of challenges, though.
I grew up watching my mother hallucinate, attempt suicide thrice and
running around the house, paranoid. A large chunk of my childhood was
spent in the houses of close relatives who avoided close contact with
me as if afraid I would infect them with whatever that was causing my
mother's affliction. So, after medical school, I had chosen to work
with the mentally challenged and do all I can to make them whole.

I returned to work the next day to meet ‘Prof’ restless. Aladura had
been transferred to another ward and Prof wanted to go with him. He
was struggling with the nurses and screaming obscenities. I rushed
into the room to sedate him. I watched him and his eyelids lose the
battle and in a moment he was snoring. He was in his late forties
with a long beard when they brought him, a victim of prolonged
marijuana abuse. It did not take long before we discovered the deep
intellect hiding behind those large eyes. Everyone called him 'Prof'
and his handsome features shone when we shaved his beards.

He was unusually quiet the following morning.
I shook him and he yawned.
"Sweetheart, you're here." He tried to hold my wrist but I pushed his hand away.
"How are you feeling?"
He mumbled inaudibly. I sent the nurse to fetch me some drugs and bent
to write in his folder.
In an instant, he grabbed my waist from behind and pressed me to
himself, his turgid member grinding on me. I screamed in panic and
tried to extricate myself from his powerful arms.
"I love you. I love you. I love you," he kept repeating.
"Stop this nonsense!"
He grew furious, pushed me to the ground and ran to bolt the door.

He pulled down his shorts and advanced, his naked frame towering above
me as I crawled backwards. There was loud banging on the door and the
voices of the nurses, shouting.
"Prof, please, don't do this," I said, amidst sobs. "Please."
He paused for a moment, scratched his head and looked at his male
organ. As I retreated on the floor, my hand touched the metal bin.
There was no guarantee that it would knock him out but I would try.

I lay shaking as he stood above me, his eyes moving from my breasts to
my hips. Just then, he pointed his male organ at the bin and started
urinating. I slid away from beneath him, from the stream of yellowish
urine and rose from the ground. He whistled as he urinated, his back
turned on me. I grabbed a metal tray from a desk and raised it, ready
to hit his head as soon as he turned.

He stared at me in shock as he turned and broke into laughter. He went
to where his shorts lay and wore them. I stared at him as he went and
unbolted the door.
The nurses rushed into the room, pushing him to the ground.
"Doc, are you okay?" they asked.
I set down the tray, straightened my rumpled clothes and headed for the door.

His screams rang into the hallway. "I love you, Dr. Blacky! I love
you, Dr. Blacky!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEXT BIG THING: CREATING A NEW WORLD THROUGH MY LENS - KINGSLEY AGORUA

Jim Rohn had his opinion that "If you don't like where you, change it. You are not a tree." Kingsley Agorua had looked around where he found himself and decided to change it to suit his taste through his lens. My earliest contact with Kingsley should have been in 2012 when I was a student at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri. I spotted him at an event on campus where he was taking photographs. Little did I know that I would bump into him again at my faculty - The School of Health as a student. I was curious as to what a photographer was doing in my faculty during lecture period. Time will reveal that he was a student too who was madly in love with his camera. This was all before the advent of traditional or nearly compulsory bridal showers, baby showers and pre-wedding shoots in the Nigerian Creative Industry. Kingsley Agorua is a cinematographer with years of experience from Oguta in Imo state. He studied Dental Technology at the Federal University

WHY I WON'T BE BUYING ANYTHING AGAIN FOR A LIFETIME

Heads up, people!  Walking into a shop to purchase an item does not look appealing to me anymore. This is one of my decisions for the new year being that if something is not worth it then there is no point buying it especially trying to impress another fellow.  I have chosen to stick to buying experiences rather 'things.' One of my observation is that experiences cannot be stolen or compromised. They stick like your gum sap sticks to a tree.  So maybe before you buy that expensive Emporio Armani wristwatch or Jimmy Choo shoes, it might be imperative to checkmate if there are experiences that same amout can buy you. Don't get me wrong, it is as clear as crystal that you need to shop for clothings, food, phones or luxury from time to time but bear in mind that your happiness can't be tied to any item. That vibe you get is nothing but a fleeting one .  “One of the enemies of   happiness  is adaptation,”  Thomas  Gilovich reveals. “We buy things to make us happy

Helping hands or holding hands?

It was just last week. I set up a quiz for the pupils I teach. Teaching had never been something I looked forward to but it found me. I can tell you that despite I find myself standing in front of a board each morning, I feel more like I am learning. So, the doubts of if I relished teaching fizzled away. The experience has been fresh and worthy. I had two groups namely A and B consisting of three pupils each for the quiz. The pupils in group A were more of the intelligent stock and group B, I called them the average stock. Once we kicked off, group A had earned eight points leaving group B at two points. "We will finish you, people today", Vincent snarled. He is one of the smartest kids you 'd ever meet, a fast rising Chike Obi breed and the sole provider of the answers coming from his camp. I was tempted to caution him not to talk that way to them but I restrained myself and kept watching the unfolding drama. Group B seemed to have lost hope, they all had a shado