Skip to main content

Old Father Lie

Hidden among bulrushes with a set trap
Come! Come!
Enticed feet stray pass the landmark
Dangling bait here and there
The carnivorous toothed trap snaps

As old as creation
He roams the surface
The surface that inhabits the face of breathing faces
The passed through the dusty phases
The predator! He stalks them, he paces

Like a roaring lion, he stalks in circles
Tail-flinging careless beast
Yet tact like an eagle
His feet sprinting without the blow of a beagule

A mane-wearing serpent
Kisses and hisses
He blows to the cochlea
Till the heart steals the ears moment of stardom

An attentive heart
Transfixed as a sculpture
Till it quakes and vibrates
Luring sense organs into a dance
An unlawful sensual dance accompanied with obstinate throbbing drums
Who shall pluck out their feet?

This dance is a war
This war is a dance
Stiff unwanting frames yielding to a strange dance
Warriors wriggling flesh at the war front
Sheathed swords creating rhythm
Helmets trampled upon dust
An air strike of arrows
Buries the dancing warriors in a marsh mallow
A piercing laughter enlarges the heart of Old Father Lie.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY I WON'T BE BUYING ANYTHING AGAIN FOR A LIFETIME

Heads up, people!  Walking into a shop to purchase an item does not look appealing to me anymore. This is one of my decisions for the new year being that if something is not worth it then there is no point buying it especially trying to impress another fellow.  I have chosen to stick to buying experiences rather 'things.' One of my observation is that experiences cannot be stolen or compromised. They stick like your gum sap sticks to a tree.  So maybe before you buy that expensive Emporio Armani wristwatch or Jimmy Choo shoes, it might be imperative to checkmate if there are experiences that same amout can buy you. Don't get me wrong, it is as clear as crystal that you need to shop for clothings, food, phones or luxury from time to time but bear in mind that your happiness can't be tied to any item. That vibe you get is nothing but a fleeting one .  “One of the enemies of   happiness  is adaptation,”  Thomas  Gilovich reveals. “We buy ...

A letter from John

My bucket hat donned my head. It served the scorching sun right, my scalp was not one to be burnt for no offense. I relaxed my tired body against the board of the trawler. James yelled at me, "Don't just sit there and watch I and father. We will still catch some fishes, you can't just lose hope",he seemed to say. I peered at him through the corner of my eyes and closed them again. I felt cold water being sprinkled on me and I jerked up. It was father, I had no choice but stand up and join James.. I was not a man who wanted too many things. All I wanted was to catch some fishes yet the little things kept hiding and refusing to walk into the loving embrace of my fishing net. I may not desire many things but I sure desired to be loved not the kind of erotic love some of those Samaritan women would profess to men who lust after whore mongering. I sought for a love that was pure and chaste. A type that I couldn't even explain. I sought to be loved deeply by G...

Helping hands or holding hands?

It was just last week. I set up a quiz for the pupils I teach. Teaching had never been something I looked forward to but it found me. I can tell you that despite I find myself standing in front of a board each morning, I feel more like I am learning. So, the doubts of if I relished teaching fizzled away. The experience has been fresh and worthy. I had two groups namely A and B consisting of three pupils each for the quiz. The pupils in group A were more of the intelligent stock and group B, I called them the average stock. Once we kicked off, group A had earned eight points leaving group B at two points. "We will finish you, people today", Vincent snarled. He is one of the smartest kids you 'd ever meet, a fast rising Chike Obi breed and the sole provider of the answers coming from his camp. I was tempted to caution him not to talk that way to them but I restrained myself and kept watching the unfolding drama. Group B seemed to have lost hope, they all had a shado...