Skip to main content

REASONS WHY WE SHOULD ALL BE CARELESS




One of the things I spend some of my sub-conscious time doing is playing mind-games. I usually do not believe that there is one straight road leading to a certain path, this is why I am always haunted by the quest to seek for new paths.

So I am a devoted player of the "What If game?"  As much as this game sounds exciting, the irritating part is when you try to limit yourself, your ideation will tend to lose its fluidity.

If you don't want to stand a chance of being thrashed 20 - 0 in a 'What If game,' Then you need to Just Do It like the Colin Kaepernick Nike's Ad campaign.

Trust me, it is more rewarding laughing over your folly than crying over the regret that you should have made an attempt or taken up a task because years down the lane, you will stay at a wrinkled face with grey hair and whisper "I wish I did it."

In my local dialect in Eastern Nigeria, we say "Uche na abia abia." It means that one can never be too knowledgeable. Your heroes are not flawless either, most of them are have made the most alarming mistakes but the reason why they are still on track is that those mistakes did not deter them.

There is never going to be the right time, you are never going to be too buoyant to pursue your dreams and you are never going to be the omniscient. So, I agree with Travis Scott, 'Stop trying to be God!'

Everyone can't love you or your ideas or else you intend selling vanilla ice cream. You have a mandate and a task to fulfil destiny and if you blow that opportunity, your conscience will never forgive you.

The most relishing experience of my life is watching myself evolve over time. I have come to embrace it with hugs and kisses because this is growth.

So, if you need to jump off the cliff, JUST DO IT. 






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHY I WON'T BE BUYING ANYTHING AGAIN FOR A LIFETIME

Heads up, people!  Walking into a shop to purchase an item does not look appealing to me anymore. This is one of my decisions for the new year being that if something is not worth it then there is no point buying it especially trying to impress another fellow.  I have chosen to stick to buying experiences rather 'things.' One of my observation is that experiences cannot be stolen or compromised. They stick like your gum sap sticks to a tree.  So maybe before you buy that expensive Emporio Armani wristwatch or Jimmy Choo shoes, it might be imperative to checkmate if there are experiences that same amout can buy you. Don't get me wrong, it is as clear as crystal that you need to shop for clothings, food, phones or luxury from time to time but bear in mind that your happiness can't be tied to any item. That vibe you get is nothing but a fleeting one .  “One of the enemies of   happiness  is adaptation,”  Thomas  Gilovich reveals. “We buy ...

A letter from John

My bucket hat donned my head. It served the scorching sun right, my scalp was not one to be burnt for no offense. I relaxed my tired body against the board of the trawler. James yelled at me, "Don't just sit there and watch I and father. We will still catch some fishes, you can't just lose hope",he seemed to say. I peered at him through the corner of my eyes and closed them again. I felt cold water being sprinkled on me and I jerked up. It was father, I had no choice but stand up and join James.. I was not a man who wanted too many things. All I wanted was to catch some fishes yet the little things kept hiding and refusing to walk into the loving embrace of my fishing net. I may not desire many things but I sure desired to be loved not the kind of erotic love some of those Samaritan women would profess to men who lust after whore mongering. I sought for a love that was pure and chaste. A type that I couldn't even explain. I sought to be loved deeply by G...

WHY YOU MIGHT SPOT ME AT A GAME HOUSE

Chukwuebuka had been my friend for a long time.  I had come visiting and he had just bought a new Play Station 4 set way back then. We sat and discussed about  the Nigerian school system to politics, to social trends and ofcourse literature.  He had been waiting for 'the boys' so he could 'trash them' in a game.  "I would like to play," he gave me the 'girls-don't-play-games kind of smile but I insisted.  Five minutes into the game, he had a knowing smile on his face as he stared at me to the gamepads and back to the screen. One thing was certain, it was not the first time I 'd touch a gamepad. Growing up with my male cousins groomed me for that.  Life itself is a game and realising this in good time will help you pull through it with ease. Life is designed just like games just like your favourite Candy Crush to Grand Theft Auto , Super Mario or even Temple Run . It teaches you to scale hurdles and unlock higher realms of operation. Ga...