Skip to main content

WHY YOUR FRIENDS DO WHAT THEY DO


Between kisses and hugs, laughter and frown, noise and silence we make allies and opponents. One of the greatest blessings in my life is the beautiful people that grace it with their warmth, love, advise and scoldings.

A popular saying denotes that "No man is an island." This explains that every human needs companions for the purpose of friendship, learning life lessons, companionship and creating a network.


However, in the course of time, I have come to realise that what causes strife between us as individuals is not because we totally react badly towards people or receive negative reactions. Every human in your life, regardless of what ties you have with them — Be it, families, friends, acquaintances or colleagues have a role to play. Your life is one big Blockbuster, you are just about to find out. 


Understanding the position of people in your life will help you prioritise your time and understand your relationships better. 


Popular American Pastor, author and filmmaker, T. D Jakes classifies people in our lives into The Confidants, Constituents, Comrades and Compatriots.

Confidants: Confidants are those people in your life who love you unconditionally. These are the ones who 'd go to Mars for your sake. They love you for the long haul. They don’t care about your money, status, weight, looks or lifestyle. 

Compatriots: If you have never fought side by side with anyone against an enemy or obstacle, then this is your chance. They come in when something needs to be done, and then leave when the job or task or fight is over. 


Constituents: Constituents are with you, and for you, but only for as long as you are for what they are for. They are not for you. They are for what you are for. They are for whatever it was or is that brought you together – be it a job, a political cause or a class. Set your mind not to cry foul! When they eventually leave. 

Comrades
: These are those people you’re thrown together with for some reason, mostly work related. You have one thing in common — your jobs and the company goals, but other than that, there is nothing that would attract you to each other unless you shared that common connection.

Now no one is born into any of the above-given categories. However, people's disposition to this traits can be accountable in relation to their interaction with the other individual. This also does not make anyone good or bad, the fact is that they are there to serve their purpose. 


So smile and go about with a breath of fresh air. Be nice because you understand WHY.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY I WON'T BE BUYING ANYTHING AGAIN FOR A LIFETIME

Heads up, people!  Walking into a shop to purchase an item does not look appealing to me anymore. This is one of my decisions for the new year being that if something is not worth it then there is no point buying it especially trying to impress another fellow.  I have chosen to stick to buying experiences rather 'things.' One of my observation is that experiences cannot be stolen or compromised. They stick like your gum sap sticks to a tree.  So maybe before you buy that expensive Emporio Armani wristwatch or Jimmy Choo shoes, it might be imperative to checkmate if there are experiences that same amout can buy you. Don't get me wrong, it is as clear as crystal that you need to shop for clothings, food, phones or luxury from time to time but bear in mind that your happiness can't be tied to any item. That vibe you get is nothing but a fleeting one .  “One of the enemies of   happiness  is adaptation,”  Thomas  Gilovich reveals. “We buy ...

A letter from John

My bucket hat donned my head. It served the scorching sun right, my scalp was not one to be burnt for no offense. I relaxed my tired body against the board of the trawler. James yelled at me, "Don't just sit there and watch I and father. We will still catch some fishes, you can't just lose hope",he seemed to say. I peered at him through the corner of my eyes and closed them again. I felt cold water being sprinkled on me and I jerked up. It was father, I had no choice but stand up and join James.. I was not a man who wanted too many things. All I wanted was to catch some fishes yet the little things kept hiding and refusing to walk into the loving embrace of my fishing net. I may not desire many things but I sure desired to be loved not the kind of erotic love some of those Samaritan women would profess to men who lust after whore mongering. I sought for a love that was pure and chaste. A type that I couldn't even explain. I sought to be loved deeply by G...

WHY YOU MIGHT SPOT ME AT A GAME HOUSE

Chukwuebuka had been my friend for a long time.  I had come visiting and he had just bought a new Play Station 4 set way back then. We sat and discussed about  the Nigerian school system to politics, to social trends and ofcourse literature.  He had been waiting for 'the boys' so he could 'trash them' in a game.  "I would like to play," he gave me the 'girls-don't-play-games kind of smile but I insisted.  Five minutes into the game, he had a knowing smile on his face as he stared at me to the gamepads and back to the screen. One thing was certain, it was not the first time I 'd touch a gamepad. Growing up with my male cousins groomed me for that.  Life itself is a game and realising this in good time will help you pull through it with ease. Life is designed just like games just like your favourite Candy Crush to Grand Theft Auto , Super Mario or even Temple Run . It teaches you to scale hurdles and unlock higher realms of operation. Ga...