Skip to main content

The escape route

His boss was a pain in the butt. She would complain about everything, he had thought about resigning countless times but he was yet to get a better offer.
Women! Women! Trouble and ingratitude is all you get from them. He banged his fists like a maniac against his steering and the horns blared out horribly. He was unaware of the scene he had just created as other drivers stuck in the traffic and passersby cast their odd gaze at him. He realized what his actions had caused then covered it up with a wave of hand and feigned smile.

An hour later, he was driving down his street. The air conditioner blew cool air yet his palms were sweaty. The traffic jam at Mile 2 had been three straight hours of frustration. Soon he drove into his compound, he saw her sitting at their doorstep.

"Not tonight", he muttered.

He turned off the ignition then advanced to the doorstep.

"Why didn't you sleep there?" She lashed out.

He took a deep breathe. "Baby, please not tonight, he pleaded.

"Bae gini?", she retorted in animous furiousity. "You,Filthy cheat! Where are you coming from?" She yelled.

He gestured at her to keep quiet. "I am coming from work.... Keep your voice low"

She stared at him with disgust. "I knew you would lie", she broke down in sobs and held on to his tie with all her might nearly strangling him.

He managed to break free from her grip, dashed to the car and sped off

"Come back here, Damian!", she screamed into the air.

He had been raised by a single mother and had hoped to find bliss in his own marriage. He knew about the ills of wife battering, his mother had been his irresponsible father's punching bag.
Lola had always been a good lady during their courtship but after their first child, she pulled off her face mask.

"How do I make her understand that its not every well-built handsome looking man that cheats", he yelled as he struggled with the steering to take a swift swerve and avoid an impending collision with a Honda truck.

Lola had made him leave the house tonight, it was just better he did it. He had to see his crush, the only one who he would desire to kiss in a rush.
He parked the car, alighted and ran into her house like a helpless puppy. He longed to touch her yet he must pay to feel this touch. He gave a flimsy excuse and laid his hands on her.

Her body was cold perhaps due to the harmattan, he caressed her and their lips brushed. He unbuckled his belt and took full taste of her over and over again.

"Sir, we don't sell on credit ..... Your money, please!", the bartender requested in a calm tone. He fumbled through his pockets for money then turned around to see Lola.

"Yeye man, I knew you would be hiding here", her exasperated voice echoed in his head and he fainted.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEXT BIG THING: CREATING A NEW WORLD THROUGH MY LENS - KINGSLEY AGORUA

Jim Rohn had his opinion that "If you don't like where you, change it. You are not a tree." Kingsley Agorua had looked around where he found himself and decided to change it to suit his taste through his lens. My earliest contact with Kingsley should have been in 2012 when I was a student at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri. I spotted him at an event on campus where he was taking photographs. Little did I know that I would bump into him again at my faculty - The School of Health as a student. I was curious as to what a photographer was doing in my faculty during lecture period. Time will reveal that he was a student too who was madly in love with his camera. This was all before the advent of traditional or nearly compulsory bridal showers, baby showers and pre-wedding shoots in the Nigerian Creative Industry. Kingsley Agorua is a cinematographer with years of experience from Oguta in Imo state. He studied Dental Technology at the Federal University

WHY I WON'T BE BUYING ANYTHING AGAIN FOR A LIFETIME

Heads up, people!  Walking into a shop to purchase an item does not look appealing to me anymore. This is one of my decisions for the new year being that if something is not worth it then there is no point buying it especially trying to impress another fellow.  I have chosen to stick to buying experiences rather 'things.' One of my observation is that experiences cannot be stolen or compromised. They stick like your gum sap sticks to a tree.  So maybe before you buy that expensive Emporio Armani wristwatch or Jimmy Choo shoes, it might be imperative to checkmate if there are experiences that same amout can buy you. Don't get me wrong, it is as clear as crystal that you need to shop for clothings, food, phones or luxury from time to time but bear in mind that your happiness can't be tied to any item. That vibe you get is nothing but a fleeting one .  “One of the enemies of   happiness  is adaptation,”  Thomas  Gilovich reveals. “We buy things to make us happy

Helping hands or holding hands?

It was just last week. I set up a quiz for the pupils I teach. Teaching had never been something I looked forward to but it found me. I can tell you that despite I find myself standing in front of a board each morning, I feel more like I am learning. So, the doubts of if I relished teaching fizzled away. The experience has been fresh and worthy. I had two groups namely A and B consisting of three pupils each for the quiz. The pupils in group A were more of the intelligent stock and group B, I called them the average stock. Once we kicked off, group A had earned eight points leaving group B at two points. "We will finish you, people today", Vincent snarled. He is one of the smartest kids you 'd ever meet, a fast rising Chike Obi breed and the sole provider of the answers coming from his camp. I was tempted to caution him not to talk that way to them but I restrained myself and kept watching the unfolding drama. Group B seemed to have lost hope, they all had a shado