Skip to main content

IFEATU'S BUS CHRONICLE: A TASTE OF FUJI BUS OF COMMOTION


Sometimes what we tend to see is a facade, there is usually more to it. Don't get all serious and expect a motivational talk. Life is honestly not as serious as you think.

When you see a beautiful and sophisticated lady, the first thing that comes to your mind is "What a wonder you are." However, what you don't know is that wonders, come in different shades and versions.

Today, I am seated in a bus between a 'wonder woman' wearing really heavy makeup. If you know me in real life,  you will know that I don't quickly take to things like this but if I tell you it was heavy. Take me for my words.

Today, I am a little drowsy. Taking drugs that contain sleep-inducing elements comes with a payback. I close my eyes for a short nap. Soon, the bus jerks, I open one eye to scan my environment. All is well. I settle in for another short nap and there is another jerk.

Thanks to the Nigerian Government who give us the 'best of roads' in the world. These are roads that can literally turn babies in the womb from the Breech position to Cephahlic position.

I am wide awake now and my eyes stray to my seat partners. 'Aunty Heavy Makeup' is rubbing the car seat in front of us. She moves her well-manicured fingers with some level of gentility.

I am tempted to gasp within me, "What a touchy person she is." My neck aids my head to turn its view and take a glance at a billboard across the expressway. My glance returned to 'Aunty Heavy Makeup' to meet my shock.  I watched her dig into her nose and smear her phlegm on the car seat.

My touchy lady had been sharing a generous amount of germs from her very 'kind nose.' I am tempted to say something but I remain calm. Causing embarrassment anyone wasn't on my to-do list.

The driver requests for his fare. I dip my hand in my wallet and select a two hundred naira note. She looks at me with a smile,"Can I  have your change?"

"I hand it over to her with every caution in me not to get touched with her 'touchy' fingers and a Mr Bean smile.

The young man beside me hands the driver a thousand naira note.

"Why you enter this motor with one thousand naira note?" The driver shoots.

"Haaan haaaan! No be money wey I get I go pay?" The young man responds.

As much as I am proudly African. We do have an irritating sense of entitlement. Everyone feels like  someone owes them something. Why will a passenger be obligated to look for 'change' for a driver especially in Lagos?

This is the same reason why in Africa, there is a so-called 'wicked broda or sista' somewhere who has not helped a fellow. How about that fellow helping 'wicked broda or sista.' I am pretty sure the sun won't turn black.

Maybe I am wrong or maybe I am right. I just feel that no one owes anyone anything.

"I no get time to find change for you. If I no get change, that one concern you there" the driver fires with an air of furiousness. The young man seemed unperturbed. One thing was certain if it resulted in trading of blows, 'Broda Youngie will beat 'Baba driver' blue black.

Perhaps. Just perhaps, that was his consolation.

The yellow and black striped bus stopped abruptly at a bus stop, a passenger alighted from the first seat and a plump man boarded.

It was obvious that the passengers on the seat were trying hard to sit comfortably.

"Make una shift abeg" the plump man said with a near growl.

The passengers make an attempt and he repeats again, "I say make una shift na"

"Oga which one be your own? We never shift?" a lanky man retorted.

"The motor be like your father car? My fren, shift" 'Uncle Plumpy replied angrily.

"No! Na your grandfather car" the lanky man shot back. There was a roar of laughter in the bus.
"As if you no know say you big, next time pay for two seats, no come here compress us," he adds.

"Bomb dey your brain," Uncle Plumpy yells at him with his index finger pointing to his head.

The two men release their demons and pour out all the venoms from their mouths. The bus would probably look like a moving noisy market to some motorists.

I get to CMS and I am glad to be in a sane spot again. As for the final results of their 'match', I will need to run a re-broadcast.


Jennie 1 Vs Aunty Heavy Makeup 0

Broda Youngie 1 Vs Baba Driver 0

Uncle Lanky 1 Vs Uncle Plumpy (Half -time score)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEXT BIG THING: CREATING A NEW WORLD THROUGH MY LENS - KINGSLEY AGORUA

Jim Rohn had his opinion that "If you don't like where you, change it. You are not a tree." Kingsley Agorua had looked around where he found himself and decided to change it to suit his taste through his lens. My earliest contact with Kingsley should have been in 2012 when I was a student at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri. I spotted him at an event on campus where he was taking photographs. Little did I know that I would bump into him again at my faculty - The School of Health as a student. I was curious as to what a photographer was doing in my faculty during lecture period. Time will reveal that he was a student too who was madly in love with his camera. This was all before the advent of traditional or nearly compulsory bridal showers, baby showers and pre-wedding shoots in the Nigerian Creative Industry. Kingsley Agorua is a cinematographer with years of experience from Oguta in Imo state. He studied Dental Technology at the Federal University

WHY I WON'T BE BUYING ANYTHING AGAIN FOR A LIFETIME

Heads up, people!  Walking into a shop to purchase an item does not look appealing to me anymore. This is one of my decisions for the new year being that if something is not worth it then there is no point buying it especially trying to impress another fellow.  I have chosen to stick to buying experiences rather 'things.' One of my observation is that experiences cannot be stolen or compromised. They stick like your gum sap sticks to a tree.  So maybe before you buy that expensive Emporio Armani wristwatch or Jimmy Choo shoes, it might be imperative to checkmate if there are experiences that same amout can buy you. Don't get me wrong, it is as clear as crystal that you need to shop for clothings, food, phones or luxury from time to time but bear in mind that your happiness can't be tied to any item. That vibe you get is nothing but a fleeting one .  “One of the enemies of   happiness  is adaptation,”  Thomas  Gilovich reveals. “We buy things to make us happy

Helping hands or holding hands?

It was just last week. I set up a quiz for the pupils I teach. Teaching had never been something I looked forward to but it found me. I can tell you that despite I find myself standing in front of a board each morning, I feel more like I am learning. So, the doubts of if I relished teaching fizzled away. The experience has been fresh and worthy. I had two groups namely A and B consisting of three pupils each for the quiz. The pupils in group A were more of the intelligent stock and group B, I called them the average stock. Once we kicked off, group A had earned eight points leaving group B at two points. "We will finish you, people today", Vincent snarled. He is one of the smartest kids you 'd ever meet, a fast rising Chike Obi breed and the sole provider of the answers coming from his camp. I was tempted to caution him not to talk that way to them but I restrained myself and kept watching the unfolding drama. Group B seemed to have lost hope, they all had a shado