Skip to main content

SPOTLIGHT TIME! GAIN VISIBILTY EVEN WITHOUT A WEBSITE


My grandmother 's house was one cool place to visit when I was growing up. Especially between my pre-teens and teenagehood.

I am a vintage soul. There were always old newspapers and magazines like TELL, NewsWatch and Vogue lying carelessly. They were priceless treasures as it was also a period in time when my curiosity was taking higher leaps.

Another magazine that often caught my eyes was what my older cousins referred to as a 'Yellow Pages.' No need to sleep on this. It was simply a Directory.

The yellow pages are any telephone directory of businesses, organized by category rather than alphabetically by business name, and in which advertising is sold. The directories were originally printed on yellow paper, as opposed to white pages for non-commercial listings.

In present times, Yellow Pages are not the trend. Instead, we do Business Listings. Just like you have a home or office where I can walk into to check up on you, so does your business.

Sometimes, in order to look out for where you do your business, we go on a tour.  Just like every tourist, we need a tour guide, so we hire some guys called Search Engines like your Google, Bing, Yahoo and more to help us find you.

It is therefore important that you make your business easy to spot when we walk down the street of the internet.

Well, a great and simple strategy to get your business indexed on search engines and allow new customers or clients find your business online is to register your business on listing websites.

These types of websites allow you to input the services you offer, your business address and phone number.

So where in God's blue sky are you going to find them?

Google My Business  

Connects NG

Vconnect 

On a scale of 1- 5, how useful was this?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY I WON'T BE BUYING ANYTHING AGAIN FOR A LIFETIME

Heads up, people!  Walking into a shop to purchase an item does not look appealing to me anymore. This is one of my decisions for the new year being that if something is not worth it then there is no point buying it especially trying to impress another fellow.  I have chosen to stick to buying experiences rather 'things.' One of my observation is that experiences cannot be stolen or compromised. They stick like your gum sap sticks to a tree.  So maybe before you buy that expensive Emporio Armani wristwatch or Jimmy Choo shoes, it might be imperative to checkmate if there are experiences that same amout can buy you. Don't get me wrong, it is as clear as crystal that you need to shop for clothings, food, phones or luxury from time to time but bear in mind that your happiness can't be tied to any item. That vibe you get is nothing but a fleeting one .  “One of the enemies of   happiness  is adaptation,”  Thomas  Gilovich reveals. “We buy ...

WHY YOU MIGHT SPOT ME AT A GAME HOUSE

Chukwuebuka had been my friend for a long time.  I had come visiting and he had just bought a new Play Station 4 set way back then. We sat and discussed about  the Nigerian school system to politics, to social trends and ofcourse literature.  He had been waiting for 'the boys' so he could 'trash them' in a game.  "I would like to play," he gave me the 'girls-don't-play-games kind of smile but I insisted.  Five minutes into the game, he had a knowing smile on his face as he stared at me to the gamepads and back to the screen. One thing was certain, it was not the first time I 'd touch a gamepad. Growing up with my male cousins groomed me for that.  Life itself is a game and realising this in good time will help you pull through it with ease. Life is designed just like games just like your favourite Candy Crush to Grand Theft Auto , Super Mario or even Temple Run . It teaches you to scale hurdles and unlock higher realms of operation. Ga...

A letter from John

My bucket hat donned my head. It served the scorching sun right, my scalp was not one to be burnt for no offense. I relaxed my tired body against the board of the trawler. James yelled at me, "Don't just sit there and watch I and father. We will still catch some fishes, you can't just lose hope",he seemed to say. I peered at him through the corner of my eyes and closed them again. I felt cold water being sprinkled on me and I jerked up. It was father, I had no choice but stand up and join James.. I was not a man who wanted too many things. All I wanted was to catch some fishes yet the little things kept hiding and refusing to walk into the loving embrace of my fishing net. I may not desire many things but I sure desired to be loved not the kind of erotic love some of those Samaritan women would profess to men who lust after whore mongering. I sought for a love that was pure and chaste. A type that I couldn't even explain. I sought to be loved deeply by G...